Thursday, June 26, 2008

Replacement Therapy

Abotu half-done with my first draft of a new story, violating the basic rules for "CRAP PILE MONTH" by producing a new and original work. After polishing it I'll be going back to nothing but pure crap, but for now I want to finish this one.

Work is going well. Quitting smoking, not so much. I've slipped a couple times, but the patch keeps me good on nicotine. My problem now is I've started sucking on toothpicks throughout the day as a replacement for constantly having a cigarette hanging from my lower lip.

This means I will have to institute a monthly "toothpick budget".

Waiting on a few subs, Harvest Hill and all that, to come back into my hands. Other than that, not much else to say. Started riding public transit again today, and had a flash or two for a story while doing so. Might flesh it out some, might not, not sure. I do know that after this one piece is done I'm going back to polishing up another turd I have with some potential.

Peace,
J.C. Tabler

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Keep polishing those turds... That sounds so wrong!!!

J.C. Tabler said...

Yes, Cate, yes it does. However, imagining it in a British accent has my entire family laughing right now, so GOOD MORNING!

Fox Lee said...

Get a pip but don't put tobacco in it. You'll look suave and save money on toothpicks!

J.C. Tabler said...

My problem with Pipes is I used to smoke those, too. So...toothpicks it shall remain!

Cate Gardner said...

Yes, Cate, yes it does. However, imagining it in a British accent has my entire family laughing right now, so GOOD MORNING!

Ah, but is that a 'posh' British accent... Think more 'The Beatles'... Jeez, that may actually make it worse. :)