Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ouch

Every time we "go out" I end up drinking more than I should, then coming home and passing out, feeling like crap in the morning. This is probably I sign I should just quit drinking altogether. I think, seriously, that I'll give that a shot.

I've got a few story ideas niggling around in my head, but with the ones I still have to finish (Sci Fi Molly, Paying the Rent, The Long One, etc.) I don't want to start anything new until I have at least one of those done. Today was going to be a writing day, but I think it may be better just to lay back down with my wife and watch TV for most of the day instead.

Still looking for a full time job, and becoming a cop is starting to look better and better. Ran into a fellow last night whose wife is on the Civilian Review Board during the Chief's Staff interviews. He more or less assured me that as long as I can make a mile in under 18 minutes, the physical standards won't be a big deal. Had a couple more drinks with him, then came home to hear "Where's your shirt?". I...well...sorta took it off on the car ride home. It was nice and cool out, not too cold, and I wanted to feel the air on me for once.

We've got names picked out, at least if it's a boy and a girl. Henry Billingsley Tabler, after her grandfather and my maternal grandfather, and Violet Margaret Tabler, because she likes the name and Margaret was my grandmother who passed a year and a half ago and pretty much raised us. I wanted Margaret as a firs name, but Des is insisting that her father would go crazy. Apparently it was the name of his first wife.

not much else is going on. I've been productive over the past week or so, writing, rewriting, and editing two stories and getting them off for submission. Both are good, and I made certain that if they get rejected (as they were pretty much tailor made for a couple anthologies) I can make some medium-sized changes and make them much less anthology-specific. I like both of them, even if they are horror stories.

Got a cat. Named him Faulkner. We now have a dog named Hemingway and a cat named Faulkner. They already hate each other. Now if i can just talk her into renaming the sugar glider Steinbeck, I can spend my time drinking with my favorite authors at home.

By the way, I've been playing Ikariam. Someone has decided it was a good idea to attack my tiny colony, apparently without realizing I have a massive capital with a big army. This, ladies and gents, is going to be fun.

Go ahead, play Ikariam at Ikariam.org. It's free, easy to learn, and if you're on World Eta we can whup on folks together.

Till later,
J.C. Tabler

No comments: