Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, it's 2008. Another year, another group of people drinking champagne and playing board games. But I didn't really make this thing to go into my personal life.

"A Question of Freedom" went up over on Allegory today (see last post for link, details, etc). Planning on finishing up the zombie story ASAP, even if the ending isn't too great. I don't think there's much of a market for it, but I can always cruise Duotrope to see if there's anything out there that might be willing to pay me the cost of a carton of cigarettes for it. The main reason for the rush is I was recounting a couple ghost stories I played a part in, mainly as a witness, in the past. In recounting them, I remembered an experience someone shared with me about their childhood ghostly encounter once. It had a very disturbing image of an eyeless woman standing beside a bed staring at a small child.

The image made me shiver.

The result, now, is that I've got the beginnings of a story forming around that image and a couple others, and I'd like to start working on it. Even if I never sell it, I won't exactly be satisfied until I write it and put it in the Box'O'Crap by the fireplace for future rewriting/kindling. Besides, the zombie story has taken the better part of a month thanks to my habit of procrastination and my apartment's close proximity to the neighborhood bar. I have to sit down and finish it, or else it'll be consigned to the "unfinished" file with only about 6 or 7 pages left to work on.

Well, that's that.

Take'er easy,

J.C. Tabler

No comments: