Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ah, the sweetness of rejection

When you look like me, you get used to rejection pretty quick. Plus, it helps when the rejection is so nicely formatted. "The Ignoble Birth of Tucker Talbott", which I discussed in a previous post, lived up to my every expectation for it, garnering a rejection from The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature. Luckily, I was well aware of the fact that it was a poorly written piece with very little actual merit to it, so the rejection was expected.

Now, if I can just go ahead and get rejections for my two pieces out there that I actually liked so I can begin another rewrite to make them as perfect as I can, I'll be grateful. I really want to start shooting those suckers at the small-time markets.

Other than that, nothing new. Still working on the Colburn story.

Peace,
J.C. Tabler

No comments: