Thursday, July 17, 2008

In the treetop...

So I have some choices. I have a rather long zombie piece, that I'm thinking will never really work as a short story, that I started writing for the World is Dead anthology. tonight, though, I started on something else, a short piece.

It's...I don't know. I'm going to need a critique of the first draft to see what I need to do to it. The zombie thing..well...I came in with an image that was meant to be a background shot, and turned into a 2,027 word short story. I'm not sure what I think of it. I like it, it hints at a world but never goes into strict detail. The ending seems somewhat expected, though. I'm thinking I need some feedback before my edits.

In short, I finished the story I think I'm going to be submitting to World is Dead , the first draft at least, in one two hour sitting tonight. I like the plot, but I may have to expand it. Any volunteer readers out there to tell me this stinks and really needs to be rewritten from the ground up?

I'm thinking of the title "Rock A Bye Baby".

Hmm.

Still waiting on that Harvest Hill rejection letter...

Peace,
J.C. Tabler

5 comments:

Fox Lee said...

It's under 3K, then no problem. Send it my way. Do you have my email address?

J.C. Tabler said...

Natalie: No, I sure don't...think you could send it to me on GST?

Anonymous said...

Damn zombies. My peice is whooping me pretty bad. best of luck with yours!

Cate Gardner said...

You know I'll read anything of yours that you're unsure of - send it my way if you want.

J.C. Tabler said...

Natalie and Cate:

Sent out a copy of the first draft for you guys. Now, I go to cower under the bed.